We are the data controller which means we decide how your data is used and protected. We take your privacy and our responsibility to protect your information seriously. Read our privacy notice to understand:
- Who weare
- What information we collect aboutyou
- How we use information we collect aboutyou
- Who can see yourinformation
- When we share yourinformation
- How we look after yourinformation
- How long we keep yourinformation
- International Transfers of yourinformation
- Rights andchoices
WHO WE ARE
Trinity Brain Health Limited is a company registered in Ireland under company number 540514
You can contact us as follows:
This website is not aimed at users under the age of 13. We do not to the best of our knowledge collect information from or relating to children under the age of 13. If we discover that we have collected personal information from a child below the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Information you provide:
The information you provide to us might include: your name, postal address, email address, phone number, gender and date of birth. Your information includes anything which identifies
You are not required to provide information directly to us to view the desktop version of the website. We only request information which is necessary for us to fulfil our service obligations on the website.
We do require that you register in order to receive our news updates but to view our content on desktop or mobile this is not a requirement.
You may opt to register using a form on the website.
If you sign up for a news alert or newsletter or enter a competition you will also be registering a profile with us. We may also keep a record of any contact you have with us.
With your consent, we may use your email address to send you promotions, notifications, or other services. You have the option to unsubscribeor opt-out of all communications on every email we send you.
We collect your information when you:
- Interact or correspond with us in letters, by phone, SMS, email or via ourwebsite;
- attend events we hold or interact with us inperson;
- subscribe to our mailinglists;
- complete one of our surveys;
- use our mobile device or website applications(apps);
- enter a competition or prizedraw;
Information about how you use our website and apps:
We will also collect certain information about how you use our website and apps and the devices that you use to access them. This includes your IP address, geographical location, device information (such as your hardware model, mobile network information, unique device identifiers), browser type, referral source, length of visit to the website, number of page views, the search queries you make on the website and similar information. This information is collected by Google Analytics on our behalf and by some of our apps using cookies. For more information on cookies please read our Cookies Policy.
Our website may include links to third party websites, plug-ins and applications. By clicking on those links or enabling these connections you may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these websites and are not responsible for their privacy notices. Please ensure that you read the privacy notices on any such external websites.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use your information lawfully. We do not sell your information to third parties. However we may share your information as set out in the section ‘When we share your information’. The details of how we use your information and the legal bases for our use are set out below:
When we have your consent to contact you, we may use your information to:
- to keep in contact with you and provide you with marketing communications about special offers and our news, events, talks, videos or books.
- tell you about new website features orservices;
- send you newsletters;
In the following circumstances we will use your information to carry out our contract with you:
- to process your requests to purchase our products from our website;
- to provide customer service and support;
Sometimes we will use your information on the basis of our ‘legitimate business interests’ (legitimate interests). This means our legitimate interests in conducting and managing our business and our relationship with you.
Where we use your information for our legitimate interests, we make sure that we take into account any potential impact that such use may have on you. Our legitimate interests don’t automatically override yours and we won’t use your information if we believe your interests should override ours unless we have other grounds to do so (such as your consent or a legal obligation). If you have any concerns about our processing you have rights and choices which include the right to object (please see the section headed ‘Your Rights andChoices’).
We may use your information for the purposes listed below on the basis of our legitimate interests to respond to your queries andcorrespondence;
- to deal with enquiries or complaints about the website as necessary to provide customer support in providing the correct products and services to our website users;
- to carry out aggregated and anonymised research about general engagement with our website in providing the right kinds of products and services to our website users;
- to operate a safe and lawful business or where we have a legal obligation;
- to enable us to comply with our policies and procedures and enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees;
- to analyse your use of our websites and apps and your responses to ourcommunications;
- to personalise, enhance, modify or otherwise improve the services and/or communications that we provide toyou;
- To detect and prevent fraud and unauthorised access or illegal activity;
- To improve security and optimisation of our network sites and services including trouble shooting, testing and software development andsupport;
WHO CAN SEE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information may be processed by our staff or by the staff of third parties we work with to deliver our business. Processing can mean any activity that involves the use of information about someone that can identify them. All uses, for example, obtaining, recording, storing, disclosing, organising, retrieving, deleting and destroying are types of data processing. We take measures to ensure that third parties processing your information on our behalf are acting lawfully in accordance with our instructions and are subject to appropriate confidentiality requirements. We also have adequate technical and organisational safeguards in place in our company and with third party processors to protect your information. Third party processors of your informationinclude:
- our website hosts and operators, IT support providers, database operators, site analytics providers and softwaredevelopers;
- our marketing or publicity servicesproviders;
- our auditors, technical consultants and legaladvisors;
- our fraud detectionservices;
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We will share your information with the following third parties:
- any third parties (including legal or other advisors, regulatory authorities, courts and government agencies) where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law or where we have a legal obligation to doso
HOW LONG WE KEEP IT FOR
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as we reasonably require to retain the information for our legitimate interests, such as for the purposes of exercising our legal rights or where we are permitted to do so for purposes of academic, literary expression and research purposes.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR INFORMATION
We are located in Ireland
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Your Right to Object
You have the right to object to our using your information for direct marketing and on the basis of our legitimate interests (refer to section ‘How we use your information’ above to see when we are relying on our legitimate interests). If you want to do this you can contact us using the details in the section ‘Who we are’.
Your Right to Withdraw Consent
The right to withdraw your consent for our use of your information in reliance of your consent (refer to section ‘How we use your information’ to see when we are relying on your consent), which you can do by contacting us using any of the details in the section ‘Who we are’.
You can also prevent processing for marketing activities by checking certain boxes on forms that we use to collect your data to tell us that you don’t want to be involved inmarketing.
Your Right to Complain
Please contact us if you have any questions or are unhappy about the way your information is used. We hope we will be able to resolve any problems or issues you may.
You can lodge a complaint with the appropriate data-protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal data
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will post any changes to our site. This Privacy Notice was updated on 14thJanuary 2019.