Video: Seanad Campaign Launch
Seanad Campaign Launch
Speaking at the Launch of her Seanad Campaign at The Atrium in Trinity College Dublin Sabina Brennan said that as a Senator she will champion the rights of older people, carers and people with neurological conditions.
She called for:
- A senior minister for older people to implement the National Positive Ageing Strategy and combat ageism
- A National Human Rights and Equality Action Plan
- Resources for public health education, increased access to education and lifelong learning
- Full implementation of the National Dementia Strategy
- Implementation of the Neurorehabilitation Strategy
- Community readiness for people with intellectual disability
- Ratification of the International convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Resources for a renewed Carer’s Strategy
- Constitutional reform to include removal of the ‘women in the home’ clause and extension of the definition of carer